Best Butt Exercise
Quadruped hip extensions (or a bent-leg raise while on all-fours) came out on top for targeting the gluteus maximus. This exercise really allows you to contract the muscles of the glutes. How to do it:
- On hands and knees, keep the abs tight as you lift one leg up, knee at a 90-degree angle throughout the movement.
- Keep lifting the leg until the bottom of the foot faces the ceiling and the hip, thigh and knee are all in alignment and parallel to the floor.
- Don't arch the back and keep the neck straight.
- Lower back down and repeat for all reps before switching sides.
- Add ankle weights for more intensity or, as in this example, hold a light dumbbell behind the knee.
- Perform 1 to 3 sets of 10 to 16 reps according to your fitness level and goals.