If you're looking for a simple way to change your bicep exercises, try alternating your arms. By alternating the arms, you change the exercise just a bit and may be able to use heavier weights than you use with regular curls. Because one arms gets a bit of a rest while the other one works, you may find heavier weights a better choice.
- Stand with feet about hip-distance apart or whatever is comfortable and hold weights in front of thighs, palms facing out.
- Bend the right elbow and curl the weight up towards the shoulder, keeping the elbow static.
- Lower the weight, keeping a slight bend at the bottom to keep tension on the muscle.
- Repeat the move with the left arm.
- Continue alternating arms for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps.
- Avoid using momentum. Keep the move slow and controlled and don't swing the weights.