More Triceps Exercises: Triceps Pushups on the Ball | Triceps Extensions | Skull Crushers | Dips |Kickbacks |One-Arm Pushups |Seated Extensions |Close Grip Bench Press |Extensions with Bands | Front Raise with Extensions
Skull crushers are similar to triceps extensions because you're in the same position and you're extending the elbows. The difference is, first, you use a barbell for this exercise which allows you to lift heavier weight. You also keep the palms facing out, instead of facing each other, which changes how you feel the movement.
- Lie on the floor or a bench and hold a light-medium barbell with the hands close together, about shoulder-width apart.
- Extend the arms straight up over the chest, palms face out and thumbs wrapped around so that they're next to the fingers.
- Bend the elbows and lower the the weight down to a few inches above the forehead or until the elbows at about 90-degree angles.
- Squeeze the triceps to straight the arms without locking the joints.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps.