More Triceps Exercises: Triceps Pushups on the Ball | Triceps Extensions | Skull Crushers | Dips |Kickbacks |One-Arm Pushups |Seated Extensions |Close Grip Bench Press |Extensions with Bands | Front Raise with Extensions
Dips are an advanced exercise targeting the triceps. This is a compound move, involving both the elbow and the shoulder joint and it doesn't require any equipment, making it a great travel exercise. You can add intensity by walking the feet out or by propping the feet on a bench or chair.
- Sit on a bench or chair.
- Begin with the hands next to or slightly under the hips.
- Lift up onto the hands and bring the hips forward.
- Bend the elbows (no lower than 90 degrees) and lower the hips down, keeping them very close to the chair. Keep the shoulders down.
- Push back up without locking the elbows and repeat for 10-16 reps.
- Keep the shoulders down and away from the ears to protect them from injury.
- Keep the hips close to the bench or chair to keep the focus on the triceps and not the shoulders.
- To make it easier, move the feet closer in. To make it harder, walk the feet out or elevate them on another chair or bench.