More Triceps Exercises: Triceps Pushups on the Ball | Triceps Extensions | Skull Crushers | Dips |Kickbacks |One-Arm Pushups |Seated Extensions |Close Grip Bench Press |Extensions with Bands | Front Raise with Extensions
The seated triceps extension involves holding one weight in both hands and extending the arms over the head. For this exercise, keep the abs engaged to avoid arching the back and start with light weights so you have control of the movement. Use a chair with back support if you're using heavy weights. You can also do this one arm at a time with lighter weights.
- Sit on a bench or ball (more challenging) and hold a medium weight at one end with both hands overlapping one another.
- Take the weight straight up overhead with the arms next to the ears.
- Lower the weight behind the head until elbows are at about 90 degree angles.
- Squeeze the triceps to straighten the arms without locking the joints.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps.