More Hamstring Exercises: Deadlift | One-Legged Deadlift | Hamstring Rolls | One-Leg Hamstring Rolls | One-Leg Hip Lifts on the Ball | Bent Knee Deadlifts | Barbell Deadlifts | Seated Slides | One-Leg Deadlift w/ Balance Challenge | Pull Through | Deadlift Combo
Deadlifts are challenging enough on both legs...doing them on one leg will really challenge your balance as well as add intensity to the working leg.
- Stand holding weights in front of thighs and place left leg out behind you with the toe lightly touching the floor (or lift it completely off the floor for more of a challenge).
- Keeping the shoulders back, abs in and the back straight, tip from the hips and lower the weights towards the floor.
- Lower as far as your flexibility allows. You can bend the knee slightly if you need to.
- Push into the heel to go back to starting position.
- Do 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps.
- Don't round the shoulders forward. To keep your back flat, look up as you lower down.
- Don't bend the knee as you lower down. This is not a squat, but a move that comes from the hips. Keep your knee at the same angle throughout the movement.
- Use light weights until you get the hang of it.