Deadlifts, Hamstring Rolls and More Exercises for the Hamstrings
By Paige Waehner, About.com Guide
Updated February 09, 2012
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by our Medical Review Board
Using the ball to work your hamstrings is a great way to target the lower body as well as the abs and back to help you stabilize the body.
- Lie down on the floor and place both heels on the exercise ball.
- Lift the hips up so that your body is in a straight line from head to toes.
- Press the heels into the ball to roll the ball in, contracting the hamstrings. Keep the feet flexed.
- Roll the ball back out, keeping the hips lifted.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps. For a modification, lower the hips to the floor after rolling the ball out to decrease the intensity.