More Hamstring Exercises: Deadlift | One-Legged Deadlift | Hamstring Rolls | One-Leg Hamstring Rolls | One-Leg Hip Lifts on the Ball | Bent Knee Deadlifts | Barbell Deadlifts | Seated Slides | One-Leg Deadlift w/ Balance Challenge | Pull Through | Deadlift Combo
Using the ball to work your hamstrings is a great way to target the lower body as well as the abs and back to help you stabilize the body.
- Lie down on the floor and place both heels on the exercise ball.
- Lift the hips up so that your body is in a straight line from head to toes.
- Press the heels into the ball to roll the ball in, contracting the hamstrings. Keep the feet flexed.
- Roll the ball back out, keeping the hips lifted.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps. For a modification, lower the hips to the floor after rolling the ball out to decrease the intensity.