This sliding lunge is a new twist on a standard exercise, involving the muscles of the hips, glutes and thighs in different ways. You can do this exercise using a paper plate or Gliding Discs
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, the ball of the left foot resting on the paper plate or Gliding Disc.
- Bend the right leg while sliding the left foot backwards into a lunge position.
- Keep the front knee behind the toe and keep the back leg slightly bent.
- Slowly slide the left foot back to start, pushing into the plate and repeat for 8-16 reps before switching sides.
- Keep the weight in the front leg so you always have control of the foot resting on the plate.