- Stand about 3 or so feet in front of a step or platform and place the left leg on the platform, either resting on the toe or the top of the foot.
- Make sure your feet are wide enough that the front knee stays behind the toe when you lunge down.
- When you have your balance, bend both knees and lower down into a lunge.
- Push through the front heel to stand up and repeat for 10-16 reps before switching sides.
- Hold weights for added intensity.
- Only go down as low as you comfortably can. This move does require flexibility in the hip flexors...if you feel tight in the front of the hips, stick with regular lunges.
- Make sure the front knee does not go beyond the toe or your risk hurting the knee joint.