Squats are great for the glutes and thighs and you can add intensity to the movement by using a resistance band and adding a side step. Stepping to the side will involve the outer thighs and the glutes even more, making this a more dynamic exercise.
- Place a medium resistance band under the feet and hold onto handles with both hands.
- You may need to wrap the band around your hands a few times to add more tension.
- Take a wide step to the right, squeezing the glute as the tube tightens.
- Lower into a squat, knees behind toes and keeping tension on the tube.
- Slowly step feet together.
- Continue stepping to the right for 8-16 reps or the length of the room before switching sides.