- Prop the left foot on a step or platform, placing the left hand on the left thigh to support the back.
- Hold a medium-heavy dumbbell in the right hand, arm hanging down and the palm facing the back of the room.
- Engage the shoulder blades (rhomboids) to pull the arm up to shoulder level, perpendicular to the body.
- Imagine bringing the weight towards your armpit as you squeeze the shoulder blades.
- Lower the weight and repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps.
- This is not a regular dumbbell row so, at the top of the movement, your elbow is perpendicular to the body.