Warrior II is a deceptive yoga pose. It looks easy but requires strength, balance and flexibility to get into proper position. A ball can add support to this move, allowing you to go deeper into the stretch and focus on your alignment.
- Sit a bit forward on the ball and take the right leg out to the side, foot pointed forward and flat on the floor. Your knee should be straight.
- Bend the left knee so that it is pointed to the side with the hips square to the front of the room.
- Sweep the arms up on an inhale, taking them straight out to the sides and parallel to the floor.
- Hold the pose as you stretch the front fingers and back fingers away from each other.
- Hold for 3 to 5 breaths and repeat on the other side.