Twists are is great for increasing flexibility in the spine and this move also stretches the hips, glutes and the lower back.
- Sit tall and keep the right leg straight as you cross the left foot over the right.
- The left foot should be resting next to the right knee.
- Gently twist to the left, taking the right arm across the body to the outside of the left knee.
- Use the arm to gently twist into the stretch, only going as far as your flexibility allows.
- You should feel the stretch in the outside of the left hip.
- Hold for 15-30 seconds and repeat for 1-3 sets on each side.